15 June 2010

Just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl...

Today was hard.  I went with Jenny and her mom to a wake/funeral for a guy who was like family to them.  He was the brother of one of Jenny's best friends - they'd known each other for almost 30 years.  He was only 34 years old.  Way too young.  My heart goes out to not only his wife and 3 kids (all under 5), but also his family, who have been so close to Jenny's family for so many years. 

It made me think of a couple of things:  1) I'm getting older, and I don't like the fact that I'm going to more and more of these things - especially ones for someone as young as this, and 2) please, please don't ever take anyone for granted!  If you care for anyone, please don't ever hesitate to tell them so at any time!  I'll bet I tell Jenny I love her 100 times a day!  We never hang up the phone without saying it, no matter how trivial the call is, we say it when one of us leaves (like leaves the building, not just the room, necessarily) and we never go to bed angry, or without saying it.  You just never know what's gonna happen in this crazy world!

Today's stroke is in memory of Mikey.  He was big into Harley Davidsons (and, I suppose, motorcycles in general), so I put down some black and orange. RIP, Mike, you will be missed!  And God bless your family and bring them peace, also.   Now go hug someone ya love!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment