05 June 2010

I want some of those "Risky Business" sunglasses!

So today we got up, eventually, and just kinda mozied (sp?) around.  I don't know that I've ever tried to spell "mozy", or any tense of the word.  Maybe that's right, maybe not - you get the general gist.  :-)

We drove all around the lake, stopping at a couple of quaint little places, then came on back to a wonderful lunch at Dog Days Bar and Grill.  Great food, great scenery.  Man, were there some big ol' friggin' boats there!  If I had one of those boats I'd just sell our house and we could live on that just floating around in the Caribbean. Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea.  I'll have to think about that.  :-)

After that, we just came back, bellies full, and lounged around.  I watched the Cards (barely) beat the Brewers in 11 innings and had a drink or two.  Then came dinner.  Jim made turkey-breast filets for he, Joanne, and Jenny, but for me he brought out a kick-ass  filet mignon steak, wrapped in bacon.  He cooked it exactly how I like it (medium-rare), and it was honestly the best steak I've had in years! 

This evening's bright yellow stroke was inspired by the massive amounts of sunshine we encountered today.  This was good, because the last forecast we had heard said that there was a good possibility of just plain narsty weather today.  I'll take today's weather anyday. 

Well, we're off - may just sit here and veg out in front of the tube (we're all just stuffed!) or we might venture out for some frozen custard and maybe a little music. YAY either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment