02 June 2010

Absolutely stunning...I think I may have a tear in my eye...

I had one of the busiest days ever at work today. Just one thing after another, with not one chance to catch my breath.  On my way home from work, I was wondering what in the world I would write about, since I don't have a whole lot of time (I'm starting another painting class tonight - YAY!).  I got a memo from a Facebook page about the date that Classic 99 will be going off the air for good, which, as you know, I'm really pretty upset about!  I just think it is so wrong for there to be yet another mediocre Christian rock station, while in the process getting rid of the only classical station in the entire area - and, in fact, one of only about 20 left in the entire nation!

So I'll step off of my soapbox now, and merely list a few pieces that I love, and that you might also appreciate.  My stroke today was based on a piano concerto - just black and white.  I will really miss hearing these things on the air, and I know there are many, many people who will really miss being able to hear this stuff, and will not be able to at all now, because they have no access to either an HD radio (please go here and donate if you can)  or access to an online or XM station!

Also, I apologize for linking nothing but piano/cello pieces - they're just so beautiful!  They just absolutely give me chills every time!  Enjoy, people - this is some of the best music ever written - and beautifully performed by some of the best performers we may ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment