25 January 2010

Trying to make Monsieurs Favre and Nelson feel better...


So the rumor going around (not seriously, of course - unless you're that die-hard/delusional of a Minnesota Vikings fan) is that the reason the Vikes lost is because of the song that Prince wrote for them this season.  I actually think that these tin-foil-hatters could be right.  The song "Purple and Gold" is one of the worst I've ever heard!  It's almost as if Prince has unearthed some horrible discarded piece from the Willy Wonka soundtrack and had a 9-year-old rewrite lyrics to praise the Vikings.  Yeah, it's that bad. 

Anyway, I thought I should try to rectify the situation at least a bit, so today we have some Viking Purple, mixed with some deep blue, just because I didn't think that purple deserved it's own day again, especially since they lost.  By the way, congrats to the New Orleans Saints.  They really did outplay Minnesota, who looked about as bad as Prince's song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment