30 January 2010

Oh, the weather outside is...

...well, it's not really that frightful.  We only got about 3/4" of snow.  Down south, though, I've got lots of family and friends who are under the better part of a foot!  The weather dudes once again blew it.  I swear one of these days I'm gonna put in for a job at Channel 4 - I'd love to have a job where I got paid all that money to only be right about 40% of the time!

Anyway, I started thinking about this particular stroke a few days ago when I put in the purple/yellow/white stroke based on the crocuses (croci?).  Jenny had told me that they can pop up out of snow if the conditions are right - they're early bloomers.  I figured that between that and the weather around the country yesterday I'd throw some "snow" on the canvas.  I didn't know exactly how it would look, being done with a knife and going over the resin sand medium I put down yesterday (it dried more clear than I thought it would, by the way).  So it did cover up a lot of the sand, but I got some nice "light snow" on there, where it didn't cover as much. 

I know sometime soon I'm gonna have to start thinking about where I wanna go with this piece, but right now I'm just having fun throwing different things down and seeing how they react, and getting some nice layers.  I do love layers.  Especially today.  The weather outside is - friggin' cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment