18 January 2010

6...is a serious numba. And this particular day in my blog.


Just for the record, I have never been number-curious, either, by the way (you out-of-towners won't get that reference, but you're not missing much - don't worry about it.)

Today I realized that I was doing something I do with just about any project I do, whether it's painting, or writing music, or whatever.  I've been overthinking this.  I had to tell myself, "Dave" (yes, I do refer to myself by name in my thoughts.  Thanks for asking.) "Quit overthinking this crap!  It's only day 6 - you've got 359 more to go!  You will, in fact, cover the whole canvas in that time, probably many times over.  Quit trying to make something happen in the first week!"

So I just came home, grabbed my Hooker's Green (which has nothing to do with either the world's oldest profession or golf), squeezed out a little drop, ran my knife across it, and here we go.  No more overthinking.  Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment