23 January 2010

Just sit right back...


So today I (along with the rest of the "Worship Team All-Stars) played at the wedding of Jackie Janovsky and Dan Gilligan (insert "little buddy" joke here :-D).  Jackie has been very active at Rooftop (my church) for a long time, and she loves the worship music, so they wanted to incorporate some into the ceremony - we literally rocked their wedding!

I was sitting off to the side during the actual ceremony part, and, while looking at her dress, got an idea for another painting - kind of an abstraction of a wedding dress.  We'll see if that one comes to fruition, but in the mean time, I figured I'd at least do a quick "one-stroke study" on this canvas.  I didn't want to do just white, so I threw a dab of this new green I got today in there ( I figure "Gilligan" is pretty Irish, so there ya go). 

I'm starting to see some different things now - I'll probably see different things throughout the year, I'm sure!  Congratulations, Gilligans on your wedding!  May you have a long, wonderful life ahead of you!  Oh, and by the way, yeah, we played the "Gilligan's Island" theme some while they walked out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment