22 January 2010

Helpin' out with the Cloon-meister


So, earlier today I was in a giddy mood, it being Friday afternoon and all. Jenny and I went out to Blueberry Hill with her father for dinner - had one of the best burgers ever, as is par there.  Amazing burgers!  When we got back, I turned on the TeeVee, and figured I'd just slap down something on the canvas and call it a night. 

On every channel (at least network - we ain't got no fancy cables) was the benefit concert for Haiti, put on by that sexy good-ol'-boy George Clooney (he's so dreamy!).  I'd been thinking about the whole situation in Haiti all week - ever since the first earthquake occured - but I hadn't really thought seriously about doing anything until this evening.  Maybe it was the potential to actually speak to my teenage (and, let's be honest, current) crush, Alyssa Milano, but I finally made the decision to donate to the cause.  I actually chickened out about calling up the celeb-a-thon line, so I had no chance whatsoever to talk to Samantha Micelli (or Jack Nicholson, for that matter), but I did, however, log onto the American Red Cross Donation Site to donate there. 

Yeah, so, as Bill Cosby said, "I told you that story to tell you this one":  As soon as I turned the telethon on, my mind immediately went to what I could do  to incorporate what I was thinking about into this piece, so here we have it - a multi-colored stroke, based on the colors of the Haitian flag. I figured as long as it's one swipe with the knife, no matter if it is several different squirts of paint, it's still one stroke, so there ya have it! 

Well, I've babbled enough for this evening - please think about donating to the Haiti Relief Fund!  I'm going to now focus on Conan O'Brien's last show as host of the Tonight Show - another horrific happening, albeit nowhere near as tragic! 

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's because of the mulitiple colors, but that stroke really looks "alive" to me...like it could judt get up from the painting and walk away. Verry cool!

    ReplyDelete