28 January 2010

For the fiery-headed folk...

Hey, good people, how are ya today?  I really don't have a lot going on today.  For some reason I was just thinking "red" all day.  And not "redheads", for a change (ask my lovely wife - she knows I've always had a thing for redheads!).  And definitely not Sammy Hagar.  I will never understand St. Louis' massive love affair with that man.  I mean he had some good stuff with Montrose, and some of his early solo work, but man, did he fall off something fierce!  I digress, however.  I started to link his song "Red" in honor of my 16th stroke here, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

What I guess I'm trying to say is that I wanted to throw a little more red into the mix here, but I didn't want to do the same bright red that I did the other day, then I remembered that I had a great alizarin crimson that I bought for a piece I'm gonna be doing for my sister, Katie (a hibiscus).  Perfect. 

So here we have our red.  And in honor of that red, I give you this red: Simply Red - Stars.  This is a minor hit they had a few years after "Holding Back The Years".  It's a nice little pop ditty.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:05 PM

    Thanks for the song! I used to love listening (and singing along) to it. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete