27 January 2010

Screaming In The Night...


No, I wasn't having nightmares.  That's just the first thing I thought of when my wife suggested that I use this great "Brilliant Purple" color.  I was wondering where I wanted to go today - whether I wanted to do something random again, or just to go ahead and start trying to sculpt something. 

Every time we would go into Joanne's, or Dick Blick, or wherever we would go for art supplies, Jenny always wanted me to buy that purple.  She just loved the color - said it was "fun".  So we had another coupon (that's when I get the majority of my paints!) and I picked up a tube.  She told me today that the painting was getting a little too dark - that I needed something bright in there.  It happens to be snowing outside right now, so it's pretty dreary looking, but she said that when the weather gets better, crocuses pop up out of the snow. 

I was a metalhead growing up - if it wasn't Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, etc. I didn't listen to it.  There was a band from Switzerland that had a few very minor hits over here in the states called Krokus.  Yes, named after the flower.  I guess the "c"s didn't rock enough, so they changed them to the much more metal "k", as in "Rawk".  Their wikipedia page states "that it was the perfect name, since it features "Rock" right in the middle."  Wow.  I can't believe I was once like that.  Anyway, I leave you this evening with Screaming In The Night. And if you're wondering, no, metal videos did not get any better than this.  No, really.   It ranks right up there with anything starring David Caruso for me.  I still rock out to the song, though.  \m/ \m/

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    I finally got around to bookmarking your journey today after running into Annie at Target. She asked me if I had been following your blog. So glad she reminded me! I love your commentary and can't wait to see what this is going to look like. - Jenn

    ReplyDelete