29 January 2010

Sugar (dah-da-da-da-dah-dah) Ah, honey honey...

...you are my candy, girl, and I can't really have you anymore.

Yeah, I know those aren't the lyrics, but it's what's on my mind today.  Just found out that my blood sugar level is way too high, on the borderline of where people can get friggin' diabetes.  Great.  Do you have any idea how much I love ice cream, and my wife's awesome cookies (her chocolate chip cookies are possibly the best in the world)?  I guess it's better than finding out after I'd already come down with "the diabeetus", as Wilford Brimley says.  So now it's a stripped-down diet.  More rabbit foods, less sweets of any kind.  This will take some getting used to.  It's probably for the better, though.  I definitely need to get into shape.

Well, enough whining.  I figured if I can't have sugar anymore, I'd throw something that kinda looked like it down on the canvas.  This is a Liquitex medium called "Resin Sand".  It should clear up a bit, but for the most part it's relatively opaque.  I'll take another pic later to show you how it dried.  Or, you can just see tomorrow.  Until then, I'll let Archie, Reggie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead sing you a little tune.  Where's Hot Dog?  Did he steal my Oreos?  Man, I think I'll miss those the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment