15 December 2010

Ssssssslick!

Sometimes I like ice, sometimes I don't.  I like it crushed in my Route 44 "Cherry-Vanilla Dr. Pepper" from Sonic.  I like one, maybe two cubes in a nice glass of Lagavulin, or just an ice cold pint glass filled with Budweiser

There are several "Ice" movies that I enjoyed: "Ice Age" and it's sequels, "The Ice Storm" (that one's for you, Ma! :-D), and "Iceman".  Notice the absence of  "Cool As Ice" - as much as I try to never miss a Vanilla Ice movie, I had to miss that one.  

Speaking of rappers, I also like "Ice Cube" and "Ice-T" (who would have thought that a guy who railed against cops so much in his rap career - and boy did he - would end up playing one on "Law and Order:Special Victims Unit"?)

The ice I don't like, however, is the stuff that's coming down from the sky right now.  Apparently it's slicker than snot on a doorknob out there right now.  Jenny almost fell on her butt coming in from the garage a little while ago!  It's just treacherous out there - all sorts of police reports scrolling across the bottom of the TV screen telling about wreck after wreck, then running through the names of the schools that have already called off tomorrow.  Joy.  I just hope all this crap is gone by Friday, so Ma, Katie, and the girls have no problems driving up here - I can't wait to see them!

I haven't done a stroke with any of my mediums lately, so I did one with my gloss gel tonight, to give an icy look.  Be careful out there, kiddies - don't go slip-slidin' away!

No comments:

Post a Comment