26 December 2010

Point, click, click, point, save as...

Well, I spent the day trying to teach myself something new: how to put video onto the computer from a camcorder, then edit it using video editing software, in order to make a video for the ol' youtubes.  I probably would have gotten a lot further had I actually had the correct cord to go from said camcorder to the PC, but I didn't, so I spent half the day trying to look up info about that online, then finally talked to a tech geek at Sony who straightened me all out.  I think it'll only cost a few bucks to get the proper cord, then I'll be off to the races!

I did, however, mess around with the software to make a video to a song by an old band of mine, using various pictures I found on Google Images.  I love Google Images.  :-)  I put a link to the song up on a prior blog post from a few days ago, but here it is again, in all of it's majesty:  "Rudolph, The Redneck Reindeer" by Rocket Park.  I don't think it's too bad - not for my first try!

Anyway, I'm doing another short blog this evening because I lost track of time and realized that Jo Beth and Robert would be here soon.  They're staying the night again on their way back up to Chi-town.   That means more jamming with Robert!  :-)   I don't dig out the guitar nearly enough these days, so this is always a great excuse!

I did a quick stroke today of a purplish greyish concoction I whipped up to represent the audio wave lines on the editing software.   I gotta get going - Ted Drewes is calling our name!

No comments:

Post a Comment