25 December 2010

May your days, may your days, may your days be merry and bright...

Well, kiddies, we had a good one today.  A big ol' fashioned "White Christmas"!  Last year, we were down in Oklahoma and there was a good amount down there for Christmas day, but I don't think there was much up here.  I think the last time we had any sort of a white Christmas was 2005, when we had about an inch.  I was trying to find out when the last one was before that - the last really good snow - but the Googles, they fail me.

All I know is that we've had just enough, and under the perfect conditions, that the roads have been okay to travel on, but the view has been absolutely beautiful!

We started out the day with Carla, Jenny's mom coming down for some breakfast - breakfast being Jenny's friggin' awesome homemade cinnamon rolls!  After that, we just hung out for a little while, talking (or at least making fun of Jenny's inability to do so - the poor girl lost her voice yesterday!  Hopefully she'll get it back soon!), and then made our way down into the city to her cousin's house for a little bit of Christmas joy with her cousins, aunts and uncles.  That was really a blast - lots of great food, some wassail - which went down really nicely with a touch of Jack Daniels - and, of course the opening of presents.  I really had a nice time down there!  It was nice to just relax and spend some time with Sweet Pea and Co.!

After that it was time to make our way out to Jen's dad's house out in the Chesterfield area.  We had a great time out there, with her dad and his friend, Joanne, Jimmy and Kari, and Jim's best friend since 1st grade (!) Brandt and his girlfriend.  We did the gift thing out there and had a really awesome dinner of some tenderloin (cooked absolutely perfectly, as far as I'm concerned), as well as some baked taters, and a bunch of other stuff, but the steak was what I was concentrating on! :-)

All in all, Christmas once again was a rousing success.  To me it has nothing to do with what I get, but what I can give people, and how well they enjoy what I've given them.  As far as I'm concerned I didn't give out anywhere near enough stuff - there's so much more I could have done, but either ran out of time or just didn't think about it early enough!

Anyway, fun was had by all, and to all will be a good night, as soon as I finish this here blog post.  I'm gonna miss all this holiday brew-ha-ha after today, so I figured I'd post at least one more song for ya - maybe you haven't heard this one.  I love to hear new and inventive ways of interpreting old classics.


I love how it looks like they're playing in the snow!
 wanted to just do a simple white stroke today (I squiggled it around a bit, since that's what the snow has been doing) for this beatiful White Christmas.  I hope you all had a really great Christmas, filled with all sorts of good times with family and/or friends.  This is such an amazing time, just being with the people you love, reminiscing about old memories and making new ones!  Have a great rest-of-the-holiday-season, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment