13 December 2010

They're jingling - ring, ting, tingling, too...

Okay, so I wasn't gonna say anything about the weather today, but Jee-muh-neez!  It's just really friggin' cold out!  Unfortunately in St. Louis anymore there are only 2 seasons - extremely hot and extremely cold.  We may, if we're lucky, get about a week each of spring and fall, but other than that, it's just the Dog Days of summer or whatever the opposite of that is for winter (Penguin Days?).

Boy, when we were kids we loved this stuff, didn't we?  I remember we always got so excited when it snowed - not because of the snow days (that's just a given), but because this great lady down the road about a mile, Gwen Scroggins, would drive around with her tractor pulling a bunch of sleds, and all of us kids could climb on and go for a ride all around the Greater Washburn Metropolitan Area (see map at right).

So what happens as we age that we stop enjoying the cold weather?  Or is it just me?  I mean I still enjoy looking at the snow, but I just wish it could happen in, say 75° weather!  :-)

We did have a lot of really great, really bright sunshine today, though, so that was nice!  Because of this, I felt it was appropriate to have some bright yellow and, of course, white.  If it looks weird (it's up there at the very top towards the middle) it's because my paints were actually frozen on the palette.  See?  I told you it's too cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment