04 December 2010

BOO!!

Today I got the bejeebus scared outta me again.  I watched a movie called "Them", a French film based on a true story (although I'm still trying to figure out what story that is, and how much of the film is completely made up).  It's about a French couple living in the middle of nowhere outside of Bucharest, Romania who awaken to their car being stolen.  After that they realize that they're not alone in the house, beginning a long night of complete terror. It was just brilliantly done - I was so damn nervous, my hands hurt from being clinched!  The director did all of this with almost no use of blood whatsoever - it was basically a chase movie, unlike so many of the "gore-horror" movies these days, which equate "blood" with "scary". If you like horror movies I highly recommend this film.  It is reminiscent of "The Strangers", but this one came first.  It is in French with English subtitles, so bring your reading glasses. 

Anyway, now that I've gotten my heart rate back down, I'm going to do a crimson stroke - not for "blood", but for my Oklahoma Sooners, who have just begun the Big 12 Championship Game against a very good Nebraska Cornhuskers team, so I'm gonna go in the other room and try to keep the blood pressure down!  BOOMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment