30 December 2010

It ain't over 'til it's over...

'Tis a sad say, indeed, folks.  Today Jenny and I took down all the Christmas decorations.  This is possibly the most depressing day of the year for me.  I love the Christmas season!  I don't care what time of year it is, chances are I'll want to hear a Christmas tune!  Today, though, was the day that we took the Christmas decorations down.

We actually went one step further today and took all of the lights off of the pre-lit tree we have.  There are over 1000 lights on this tree - and only about 60% of them worked.  At first we just figured we'd get rid of the tree, but it really is a good looking tree; it's just that we didn't like trying to find the ends of the strands of lights, especially when most of them didn't light up anyway!

We put up with it this year, but no more!  Consequently we spent quite a few hours today taking off Every. Single. Light!  off of Every. Single.  Branch.  Wow!  That's quite a friggin' undertaking, if you're wondering!

Anyway, I just wanted to do another green stroke (I'm just really liking that color for this project, if you're wondering) for our beloved Christmas tree, which just lost all of it's little light buddies.  It ain't over 'til it's over, though!  I'm still listening to all the Holiday favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment