15 November 2010

Yup, I'm still in my jammies...

After all of the running around and working our butts off for the last week or so, trying to get the house cleaned up for the upcoming holiday season, we woke up this morning, saw that the place looked awesome, and decided to just have a lazy day

It was pretty chilly out, and a bit grey off and on, so Jenny retreated to the kitchen to work on some baking for an upcoming job, and I went in to the front room, turned on the radio, and sat on the couch to read the book I've been trying to finish forever, so that I could finally return it to the library!  I read for a long time - probably longer today than I have in one day since high school or something!  Got the book finished, though!  I probably would have finished earlier, but every once in a while a "Tired" would hit me, my eyes would start going crossed, and I'd fall asleep for awhile, then wake up and read again.    Unfortunately, this "Tired" is still hanging around - I'm getting a little heavy-eyed sitting here writing this!

I've been trying to get poor Jenny to feel better, too - cooked up some of my famous grilled-cheese sammiches and some chicken noodle soup.  That seems to have helped some.  Always does.  I think they should serve that in hospitals, maybe there would be a lot fewer sick people in the world!

 My stroke this evening, a little swatch of Alizarin Crimson, is a little nod to the book I finished today - a little vampire book, and NO, it wasn't friggin' "Twilight"!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I'm still in my jammies too :) And I thought my baby need one of these days too...so he stayed in his jammies all day too!

    ReplyDelete