13 November 2010

Isn't it cool in pink?

Holy Cow!  We got so spoiled the last few weeks with all of these unseasonable temperatures in the 70s!  Yeah, well, that came to a very abrupt end today!  Yesterday I was wearing short sleeves working outside on the leaves, and today, watching the morning news, Mr. TeeVee Weatherman said that it was 48° and that was as warm as it was gonna get - in fact it was going to steadily drop throughout the day.  Plus it was gonna be "blustery" - a word I've only really heard in the context of a certain Winnie The Pooh story.  Great.  I already miss my warm weather!

We took a break in the middle of our massive housecleaning campaign to go see Sweet Pea's final regular season soccer game.  It was colder than a well digger's ass!  That "blustery" wind just cut right through you!   She's lucky I love her and will do probably anything in the entire world for her, cuz I hate cold!  :-)

I really do enjoy spending time with her, although since she's getting older and busier, we get to spend less and less time together.  Same with the other nieces, although with my sister, Katie's, girls, the lack of quality time together is simply due to location - they're about 6 hours away. 

I'd love to be able to see them a lot more, though - they're such funny little girls!  Atala is just a little princess (just ask her, she'll tell you!), and Morgan, while displaying a few "princess-like qualities", I believe is going to be quite a s*** disturber (which makes for some really interesting and funny times). 

Atala is also displaying some artistic talent at this young age: this week at school part of her homework in learning about animals of Oklahoma was to draw a "burrowing owl".  This is what she drew:

Not too shabby, eh?  I love that they're all kinda leaning in toward the middle, like they're sharing a microphone and trying to do some Beach Boys harmonies or something! 

This evening, I did an "Electric" Pink, for all of my electric little ladies (I forgot to mention Erica's little girl, Savannah - I'm sure she'll be plenty electrified, too)!  I love all of my girls!  They're all growing up a little too fast, though - gotta enjoy being with them at this age before they grow up and find better ways to occupy their time than to spend it with Unca Doo!

No comments:

Post a Comment