29 November 2010

99¢ 1/2-pound burgers? Shoot, yeah!

Jenny and I spent the afternoon with her dad and Joanne.  We went up to the JC Penney Outlet store to browse around to see if there were any good deals (not that we could really afford anything, but it's still fun to look!).   The store, unlike the surrounding parts of the building, was pretty packed - people taking advantage of the "25% Off Of Everything" coupon in the paper, I suppose.  Jamestown Mall, as a whole, though, was pretty much a ghost town!  As annoying as malls tend to be anymore for Jenny and I, it's still sad that so many of them are struggling to even keep their doors open!  I still enjoy walking through the Galleria every once in a while - just like old times!

I like what they've done with Crestwood Mall, actually - a majority of their stores had closed, so the management started leasing the spaces to artists, dance companies, and theater companies.  I really hope the stores, theaters and galleries that have moved in can really flourish and stick around for a long time!

Anyway, after browsing for a few hours, Jim said,"Boy, I sure could go for a burger and a beer up at Fast Eddies!".  That sounded really good to us, so up 367 to Alton we went (it was only about 10 minutes away from where we were). 

For those of you who've never heard of "Fast Eddie's Bon Air", you are really missing out!  That place is just plain awesome!   All 4 of us ate - and ate well - for $11 and change!  99¢ burgers and 29¢ peel-and-eat shrimp!  Beers are super cheap, too!  Fast, friendly service, cheep eats/drinks, and live music 4 nights a week, all sorts of great old school memorabilia on the walls (real license plates saying things like "FAS EDY", lots of old advertisements from the 50s and 60s, etc) - you can see why they're just jumpin' at all hours!  I really don't see why there's not something like Fast Eddies over on this side of the river - I know I'd be there in a heartbeat!

I figured I'd do a bright orange/red stroke - kind of the color of most of the neon signs at the "Bon Air".  Gotta go lay down for a bit - I'm still really, really full!

No comments:

Post a Comment