20 November 2010

Can't find my way home (yes, I know that's not Traffic)...

Man, am I tired!  And this is gonna be a short one, folks, cuz I've gotta turn right around and head out the door again for practice.

A friend of mine named Mike up at church recently bought a house out in St. Peters (about 40 minutes away from here - in no traffic, or about an hour with idiot drivers on I-270 who feel compelled to come to a complete stop to watch the cop on the side of the road helping a motorist.  Come on, people, I'm sure you've seen a cop before.  Quit rubbernecking and GO!  Okay, now I'm off of my soapbox :-D). 

There is a lot of work that needs to be done, and my buddy is, in his words, "not that handy of a guy".  Enter myself and another guy from church, who also happens to be out of work right now.  Mike figured since he doesn't really have the ability to do things, and we (well, mostly Lee, but I helped) do, he'd help us out by giving us a little bit of work.

Right away in driving up there I remember why I don't like St. Charles County: they change stuff around too much!  They're just growing so rapidly that the info on Google maps hasn't really caught up!  I saw an exit called one thing on Google, but when I got out there, I saw that the signs said something else.  I had no earthly idea where I was! 

Anyway, got back a little while ago, got cleaned up and ate a wunnerful meal of black beans and rice that Jenny whipped up, and now, like I said, I've gotta get going!  The red stroke today is for all of the derned brake lights I saw on the way home today!  I want a job really badly, but I don't know if I could handle 270 again like that!  Yeah, sure I could.  It'd give me time to think.  Or just to work on my sign language.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment