03 November 2010

Looks like a little Buddha belly...

All I've got to say is that I married into one helluva cookin' family!  Obviously you've heard me rant and rave about my beautiful wife's cookies, cakes, cupcakes, etc., as well as all the awesome regular food she makes (as evidenced, in case you've forgotten, by her blog).  Her dad can whip up one mean pot roast, or t-bone (or an endless list of other things, depending on the occasion), her mom's got that awesome down-home cooking thing going on, and her brother, Jimmy, well let's just say that boy should have his own restaurant!  No question about it - the man's got some major talent!

As I'm typing this, I'm currently enjoying scarfing down a bowl of chili Jimmy made.  His chili just plain rocks.  This is his first batch of the season, and man, is it good!  You never know what you're gonna get with his chili, because he makes it a little different every time - just kinda throws in a little bit of whatever spices he's got laying around.  I honestly don't think I've ever had a bowl of his chili that I haven't liked - this one, I can say is right up there with his best, too!

 And, of course, I'm topping the whole meal off with a couple of Jenny's [should be] world-famous chocolate chip cookies (which is what inspired my light and dark brown stroke tonight - looks a little bit like when they first come out of the oven!).  It really is a wonder I'm not 300 pounds.  This family really takes care of my belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment