05 November 2010

Peter? Is that you? Already?

It starts earlier and earlier every year.  The first one I heard this year was just after midnight on November 2nd.  I heard reports of one two weeks prior down in Houston!  Christmas commercials.   They never seem to top the old ones, though (this one will always be my favorite). 

I really love this time of year, though, even if it does seem like the season is longer and longer every year!  I know it's just plain ridiculous that the morning after Halloween, as we walked through Target, they already had all of the jack-o-lanterns, costumes, and candy put away, and the trees, tinsel, ornaments, and everything else were already up.  The day after Halloween.  55 days before Christmas.  I believe I heard that in some stores there were "Black Friday"-type sales, usually reserved for the day after Thanksgiving, on November 1.  I think that at the rate they're going, even kids are gonna be sick of the holidays! 

Jenny's kind of getting into the whole frame of mind, too - she already wants to drag everything out and set it up.  Of course, that's mostly because she just doesn't want to mess with it later - she just wants to get it done and outta the way!  What we definitely agree on is that we're ready (and have been for a while) for the Christmas music!

No comments:

Post a Comment