21 November 2010

Why didn't you run that ball instead of throwing an interception?

I've decided that I'm a "sports jinx" - at least as far as professional football goes.  I honestly don't think I've ever been to a Rams game that they won.  Shoot, lately even if I watch it on the teevee they find a way to choke, even if they had a strong start! 

My buddy Jeff has been asking me all season if I wanted to go to a game down there at the Dome.  Every other week, though, I'd had something going on already.  This week I finally had the day liberated, so off we went, down the Metrolink trail (a fraction of the cost of parking down there!). 

The game started off strong - we stopped the Falcons and then went down and scored a touchdown.  Unfortunately, that was about the highlight of the game.  They were very hit and miss after that.  Oh, well - I still love to go to games, whether or not they win.  And whether or not it's my fault! :-)  Since they are doing so much better this year, a lot of the energy that has been missing the past few years is back.  It ain't as loud in there as it was about 10 years ago, but I was holding my ears a few times!


I went with a dark blue swipe this evening for the boys in blue (the Rams, not the police - although I'm thankful for them, too).  We won't go to the SuperBowl this year, but we sure have improved 1000%!  Go Rams!

No comments:

Post a Comment