07 January 2011

Okay, so call me dense, but...

...I just figured out that there's a "stats" button here on Blogspot that tells you all sorts of information on the traffic you get on your blog.  For instance, to date there have been 2,871 page views - that's a whole lot more than I ever expected, lemme tell ya!   It tells me that the most popular (or at least most read) post was the one from September 25, most likely due to the fact that around time for "Octoberfest", a bunch of people apparently Googled "Eins, Zwei, Drei, Zuppa!", a German drinking phrase, and my blog came up 4th on the page (which I think is pretty cool!), which led people to read it. 

It tells me which sources have led to most page views, be it Google searches, links from Facebook, or other sources.  It tells me the percentage of people who are viewing it on a PC, a Macintosh, even if it's an iPhone, Blackberry or PlayStation (I had no idea you could even get on the internet from a PlayStation!). 

The most impressive thing to me, however, was the statistic of where in the world my readers are.  Obviously, I expected a huge number, actually I expected everyone to be here in the States - not so!  Apparently, in addition to the many readers I have here, I'm also read in Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, and the Netherlands, in addition to Australia, China, South Korea (guess I'm too much for Kim Jong Il and the Northies), and a good number from Russia!  Wowee!  I really had no idea, and I think that's just the coolest thing in the world!

I wish I would have discovered the Stats page a lot earlier - I would have tracked it a little better!  Maybe with my next project (whenever that is - I'm gonna take a break for a bit after this) I'll keep a better eye on all of that. 

Anyway, with only 5 days left after this one, I would definitely like to thank everyone who has read my blog, or even taken the least bit of interest in it!  Don't know if I'll keep posting further blogs on this particular address or not yet - I probably will, if for no other reason than to make it so that Ma doesn't have to update her bookmarks to find it! :-D

I did a little bit of orange and blue today - didn't really want to slight any of the wonderful people from all of the countries I mentioned today by choosing colors of one flag or another, so I went with the colors of the blog!  I wanted it to be a longer, more solid stroke, but it's hard to do that with all of the texture I've put down in the previous 359 strokes! ;-)

一个美好的夜晚 Hebben een goede nacht!  Avoir une bonne nuitAvere una buona notte! 좋은 되세요! У спокойной ночи!  Bíodh oíche mhaith! Have a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment