08 January 2011

Like a spider monkey on crack...

It was cold earlier, so Jenny made some hot drinks.  For herself, some hot chocolate, and for me she made some coffee with some hot chocolate in it - some really, really strong coffee!  Needless to say, I'm ju-u-u-u-ust a bit jittery right now, and caffeine usually doesn't affect me that much!  I'm in total ADHD mode right now - I can't pay attention to a dad-blasted thi- GO COLTS! :-)  Boy, I hope I can get to sleep tonight!

I think we're both getting a little stir crazy here at the house, Jenny especially.  She hates to be just sitting around with nothing to do.  She feels like she needs to be more productive, or to go out and do something, but 1) it's just friggin' cold out, and 2) we got no moolah, so home we are.

We've been watching a lot of movies!  I can sit and do that - watch movie after movie - but again, she really can't.  She's watched three since last night, and that has really surprised me!   She's been doing a lot of reading, though.   I've been reading some again, too, and I finished up a couple of paintings I'd been working on.

I'm really trying to get into painting mode again.  I've got all these ideas for things I wanna do, I just need to get off my butt and actually do them.  This one I called "City Sunset".  I did most of it with a squeegee, then finished it up with some knife work - no brushes at all.  I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. 

Inspired by this painting, I tried to do a Phthalo Blue and white stroke in the upper left-hand corner.  It didn't lighten up as much as I would have liked, but that's okay!  Now, if you'll excuse me I think I may go run some laps to try to drive some of this caffeine outta my system!  Buh-bye now!

No comments:

Post a Comment