06 January 2011

June 3rd is my birthday.  I'll be 38.  It will also be the first day of my 20-YEAR CLASS REUNION!!!  Holy COW, how did that happen?  20 years?  That's two decades!  One-fifth of a century!  630,720,000 seconds!  Songs that we loved in high school are now being played on "oldies" and "classic rock" stations. 
There are people I graduated with who now have kids who have graduated from high school, and even some with kids who've gotten married!  My buddy Brandon has eight - count 'em - EIGHT KIDS ranging from 3-17!  Wow!

Needless to say, we'll all have a lot to catch up on!  A good number of us are on the Facebook, so we get to check in with each other occasionally, but most of us haven't seen each other in at least 10 years, if not the entire 20 years!

I know that when I moved up here to St. Louis, my main goal was to get into a band and make it big before my 10-year reunion.  I realized that wasn't going to happen, but I still kept up the charade, because I was actually in a band at the time which was playing a lot of good sized gigs, and we were working on our next album, which we were sure would be our big breakthrough!  Yeah, that didn't happen. 

At this point, I'm just working my butt off to be able to tell everyone I'm actually gainfully employed!  Maybe by then I'll have found something I really like to do - maybe even playing music!  I've got a little less than 6 months to make it happen! :-)

I did a mix of a little crimson, some red, and some black, for the colors of our beloved Southwest Trojans.  I really am looking forward to seeing all of these guys and girls again!  I don't care if I'm a big rock star or not (we all know that ain't happening!) I just want to see everyone and catch up on what they're doing, and reminisce about "the old times".  

No comments:

Post a Comment