01 January 2011

A Fiesta *after* the fiesta...

I don't know that I'll type too much this evening.  My fingers are very sore after taking 1000 individual lights off of our pre-lit Christmas tree.  :-)  I guess that's that.  It's officially over for another 11 months.  Kinda makes me sad, really.  I guess I can just never get enough of the Christmas season!  It's almost like after January 1st, everyone says to themselves,"We don't have to be nice anymore".  I, however, will do my best to be a better person, though, this year.  Not necessarily a resolution, just something I oughta do.  I wish more people would!

One thing I didn't do again this year (I always either forget or just plain don't wanna) is to eat a spoonful of Black Eyed Peas for good luck.  I'm not exactly sure where that came from, but Ma always said we needed to do that.  Maybe that's why my luck has steadily gone south over the last several years!  Huh.  Maybe we'll pick up a can if we go out to get some milk later.

I really hope this year will be better.  I'm going to try hard to make it so.  I don't know exactly what I'm gonna do, but I want to do something to fix this situation!  We'll start in a few minutes by watching my Sooners beat Connecticut in the Fiesta Bowl - at least they better beat 'em!  U Conn ain't a football team!  Basketball, yeah, but not football!  To help them out, I gave them a little crimson "good luck" stroke today!  I'm so happy I found out about "ESPN360" online!  They play all sorts of games on there that I wouldn't normally be able to see because I don't have cable!  Now if I could only find a place online that carried baseball for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment