12 January 2011

There's something in my eye...

Wow.  365 days.  I can't believe it's actually the last day of this project!  I feel like I want to say so many things, but now that I'm actually sitting down, typing it out, of course I can't think of any of those things!

We've gone through a lot this past year, from births and deaths, job loss, finding old friends, getting ready for my 20th high school class reunion, and tons and tons of music and movie references!   Although sitting down to do this day in, day out has been, on a seldom occasion, a bit of a chore (just ask Jenny - she's enjoyed it, but she's definitely glad it's over for a while!), for the most part it has been 1) really therapeutic to just write out what's going on in my convoluted noggin, and b) it has forced me to have to be creative every single day!  I think I'll miss that the most, because I know myself, and without some sort of deadline or someone to hold me accountable, I just won't do as much creatively.  It's much easier to sit in front of the boob tube and watch "The Simpsons".

This is why I'm sure that the end of this must signify a hiatus, not a grand finale for the blog.  I've already got something in mind for my next big ol' project, but yeah, I've gotta take a little bit of time off. I don't think the next one will be every single day, either - too hard to work that out logistically if there's traveling to be done,  or if I just happen to be extremely busy (which I'm also hoping will happen soon - I want to work, dammit!) :-)

I sincerely thank all of you who have taken the time to read this drivel - hopefully it didn't sound too much like the incoherent ramblings of a mad man!  I wish I knew, besides the people who "subscribed" to the blog, who all has read it - I would thank you all personally!  If you happen to be reading this at a later date, or if you have just discovered the blog via a Google search for "Pastor Of Muppets", or "does Andy Vanslyke have a tattoo"(yes, those are two of the phrases that have led users of Google to this blog.  I love it!) , or whatever, please feel free to drop me a line at any time - I still want to hear feedback: what did you think of the blog?  What, if anything, did you get out of the actual painting?  Did I help you achieve total enlightenment?  

Also, if you haven't gotten enough of a "365-Stroke" project, please check out this other one I stumbled upon the other day.  It's pretty interesting! 

Anyhoo, now that we've gotten all the schmoopy stuff out of the way, we'll move onto the last bit of business for the blog.  For my final stroke, I took a cue from my favorite TV show of all time, Cheers.  In the opening scene of the first episode, Sam Malone is seen walking out of the back room to open the bar.  In the final scene of the series, he's seen walking into the back to close the bar (about the 7:55 mark).  Thus, the series comes full circle.  Similarly, I finished my painting with a curvy stroke of Medium Magenta.   

So there you are, folks.  One painting, 365 strokes.  I'm sure I'll catch y'all on the flip side really soon.  Before I go, here it is - the finished piece:
 
Here 'tis - the finished piece.  Howzat for ya?
Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment